Wednesday 16 May 2018

100 Word Challenge 17/5/18

The Mystery Meal

I was in a restaurant with my mother, and I’d ordered her my favourite dish. It was called ‘The Mystery Meal’, named so because the staff would never tell you what it was made of.
Suddenly the doors of the restaurant swing open, and four large delivery men pulling on a rope dragged a strange animal inside. It had the front of a unicorn (horn and all), with the iridescent back half of a fish. Mum and I stared listlessly as the struggling creature was hauled through to the kitchen, it’s emerald tail disappearing behind the door.
After finishing up our meal, Mum called for a waiter and we read the dessert menu. Taking our time deciding, we eventually agreed on Sorbet ice cream. 
Later at home, I randomly found myself wondering what’s used in ‘The Mystery Meal’. Mushrooms maybe?

No comments:

Post a Comment